Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Control & Release

It has not been a Sane & Satisfied week.

I've been juggling working for my dad and starting my business for a while now and it's getting to me. I try to use the techniques and advice I talk about on here but sometimes there's just too much.

I should be leaving right now, actually, to go to the Bloggy Conference in Mason, OH but I felt the need to journal. Sometimes you just need to get it all out. And sometimes that's all you can do.

But this is how life is sometimes. No great words of wisdom. No magic technique to make things all better. No mantra to make it all go away.

You just have to wade through it and sometimes just lie down and let it all wash over you.

My husband and I ate lunch with some older friends today and our conversation drifted, as it normally does, to politics. We discussed many things but I tend to see patterns in things and today the pattern I saw in all the problems we were discussing was that we, humans, tend to think we can make things better by controlling everything.

If I've learned anything this week it's that the opposite is true. Release control and you will find that things stay the same or get better. And if they stay the same, well, at least you'll feel less stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment