Sunday, October 21, 2012

Why every Sane & Satisfied woman should have an Idea Notebook


Ideas make our world go round. Ideas are funny, sad, innovative, difficult and even offensive or scary. Ideas move our lives forward and are the first steps in creating new things. It is my strong belief that the reason many women feel unhappy or that they can't change their lives is because they've either run out of ideas or can't find confidence in the ideas they have.

Ideas are fragile. They are there, fully formed, in our minds one minute and poof, they are gone the next, without any trace they had been there at all. And if we actually do, by some magical happenstance, get them out of our heads and into the world someone is always there to tear them down.



Whether we are scared of new ideas, don't have confidence in our own ideas or have had our ideas shot down there is no getting around that in order to improve yourself and your life you have to get some ideas. Sometimes you might even have to get a whole new set of ideas, a whole new house of ideas even.

I don't know what I would do without my ideas. For me, my ideas are my most prized possession. Very few of them are actually practical and good. And even less of those do I have time to accomplish. But they are mine! They are proof that I'm human and that I have a brain. They are proof that I haven't given up yet.

No matter what ideas you have, no matter when you have them you should write them down. Even if they sound stupid. Even if you don't think you will ever have the time or the money to accomplish them. I guarantee you will find yourself one day in the far future with a problem and an idea you had years ago will suddenly make sense. That has happened to me more times then I can count.

Ideas don't really seem to care about piddly little things like linear time lines or chronological order. Maybe some ideas come from the future or maybe our minds take a short trip to the future to solve our problems before we get there.

Ok, maybe I'm rambling a bit now. My only point is that you should record all your ideas no matter how small and insignificant they may seem right now. Record them in a diary or notebook or iPad/iPhone, computer, post-its notes, napkins or whatever system feels right for you. Record them and keep them ... and use them... if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment