Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Sane & Satisfied Journey

On Tuesday I spoke about why I started Sane & Satisfied Blog and what my goal is. Today I'd like to tell you about what's gone on in my life since I started this journey.

Before I started thinking about life in a Sane & Satisfied way I didn't really have direction. I also didn't feel like I was in charge of my life or had control over where my time and energy went. I was going to meetings for organizations that I wasn't passionate about anymore, I was saying yes to projects for myself and others that didn't fit in with what I really wanted to do with my life and I basically didn't have a focus. I felt I was wasting my time and that I was always having to start over.

I spent a lot of time in the self-help section too. I was trying to find a guidebook. But the problem was I didn't know why I needed guidance or where I wanted to be guided to. It finally dawned on me that this wasn't a way to live your life.



Since I've been writing Sane & Satisfied I've felt like I've had more of a purpose in life. A lot of the time I'm not sure what I'm doing here, on this planet, but when I share the concepts of Sane & Satisfied I feel like I'm headed somewhere I'm supposed to be.

Sane & Satisfied has led me to do many things:
  • Pushed me to start a booth at my local Farmer's Market
  • Learn more about economics
  • Realize who is worth spending time with and who isn't
  • Knowing when to say no to myself and others
  • Stop starting over when things get difficult
  • Seeing the important things in my life
  • Letting go of other people's rules
  • Stop being so hard on myself
Wow, that is some list, huh? This all has happened in the span of about a year and a half. It feels really good to look at that list and see all I've accomplished. And every day I learn something more about what it means to be Sane & Satisfied.

Here's to all of our journeys no matter what form they take. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment