Monday, June 18, 2012

Wasted Energy & Pina Coladas

I've been thinking a lot lately about my life and where I spend my time and energy. Much of my time is spent watching TV and planning for things that never seem to happen.

Are all humans doomed to always want more than we have? Is there anyone who is truly content with who they are and where they are in life?

I often think of what goes through a monk's mind as he's going about his life. Does he long to sip pina coladas on the beach while he's pulling weeds in the garden? Do Zen masters really have control over their past and present? Or do they sometimes turn red when reliving an embarassing moment? Do they regret some things they've done?

We all try so hard to paint ourselves perfect for everyone to see that we forget we are all as chipped as the Mona Lisa.

That's a lot of wasted energy if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment