Saturday, May 14, 2011

Old Sayings, Control & a Fatalistic Human

Sometimes I wonder if any of us can really influence someone else to change. I think the old saying, "be the change you wish to see in the world" is more to the point than we want to except.

Humans are extremely complicated. Most of us don't understand our own selves so how could we possibly understand another human being?

It seems to me that most human energy is spent trying to control outside forces. We think that in order to be satisfied we have to control our world; make it do our bidding so we can be happy. I'm starting to wonder if we aren't just all afraid of ourselves.

We are afraid to learn new things, afraid to put ourselves out there both physically and emotionally, we don't want people to see our mistakes or quarks. We justify our actions and beliefs with society-approved logic. And all so we can live a seemingly peaceful existence with other humans who are just as unhappy and dishonest with themselves as we are.

Ok, I'm a little fatalistic today but having a week like I've had will do that to you. Probably should go to bed now...

No comments:

Post a Comment