Thursday, August 16, 2012

Probably the Easiest Detox/Diet Program EVER

Hello. I found this diet program on Pinterest and was very intrigued to try it out. So I'm on the third day and I have to say that this is the easiest diet/detox I've ever tried. Ever. It's called Eat Your Heart Out. I guess a chick named Courtney Rose designed the poster but I'm not sure who came up with it. Maybe she did?

Anywho...

I've read about detox and dieting programs where you only eat fruits and veggies or only drink juice. Those are not for me! But this one is very versatile and has a good variety of food choices so you don't get bored. They break the week up into different kinds of food. Like, day one is fruits only, day 2 is veggies only and so on. Check it out on my Pinterest board to see the whole plan.



Like I said, it's a pretty open-ended plan. Veggies only can be raw, cooked, steamed, seasoned, baked even... On my veggie day yesterday I even ate Maple Acorn Squash. I might be pushing the limit a bit but I think it's fine ;)

The first day was the hardest because I had to keep reminded myself I was on this eating plan. I kept forgetting and going into the kitchen for a snack of graham crackers or cereal. I haven't been doing any hard exercise though. I've been laying low and taking things slow. I've been a little light-headed. It's probably just my body adjusting.

The thing I'm really excited about is that about halfway through the second day (yesterday) I stopped having cravings for sugary foods or anything not on the list. Also on yesterday (veggie day) you're allowed to have a baked potato with butter. I added seasoning to mine and it was the best potato I have ever had. I've heard that when you eat fruits and veggies for a couple days that it sort of "resets" your taste buds or something. I wonder if that's what's going on because potatoes have never ever tasted that good to me. I even went to a meeting today and they had chocolate cake and I didn't even have to fight with myself to not eat any.

I did cheat a little today and had a small roll. But I think that's ok. I think that if you cheat a little then it will prevent you from really falling off the wagon.

Obviously, this diet isn't very practical for most people, especially if you love food as much as I do. But I think it's a good thing to do once in a while or to kick start a healthy eating plan. After this week I'll be going back to a Paleo Eating Plan and more exercise. I hope my cravings for unhealthy foods stays low. I will keep you posted.

Thanks to Ezran Kamal from Stock Exchange for use of the above picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment