Thursday, July 5, 2012

Kale Chips Recipe


I LOVE kale! Like seriously LOVE it! So when my mom told me about a recipe she saw on TV for kale chips I was like "Hold the phone! I can eat kale and it's like I'm eating chips but it's really kale so it's ok if I stuff my face cuz it's KALE?" And she was like, "Uh, yeah?"


So I made them and they really do taste just like chips. Put a little sea salt, garlic or whatever and you are good to go, sitting in front of your So You Think You Can Dance or Eureka, chowing down thinking, "Man, I really shouldn't eat all these." But then you remember that they are KALE!

Ok, for those of you who don't know what kale is (for real, you should get out of the food rock you've been living under cuz there's a whole world of food pass the Hamburger Helper isle) it's this leafy green that's kind of between spinach and lettuce. It's meatier though (if a plant can be called "meatier") and it's got this complex, rich taste. You can eat it raw, boiled, steamed, sauteed and apparently baked into KALE CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the recipe from Everyday with Rachel Ray:

Ingredients

  • 8 dinosaur kale leaves, stemmed
  • 1 tablespoon EVOO
  • Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 lemon, for zesting

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Rub the kale with the EVOO, evenly coating both sides; cut into 2-inch pieces.
  2. Spread out the pieces evenly on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets; season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating and switching the pans halfway through cooking, until crisp, about 8 minutes.
  3. Zest the lemon over the hot chips.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment